Hand in Hand is seeking a firm/group of consultants to support its preparatory work for value chain interventions in Kenya and Tanzania. The assignment will lay the groundwork for a project that will take Hand in Hand entrepreneurs to the next level, continuing to boost their income by providing the skills necessary to evolve from successful subsistence farmers to small scale enterprises.
Key objectives of the assignment include:
- Understanding the market: the high potential value chains our entrepreneurs can feed into and the key tools required for growth.
- Conducting an audit of current members of our programme to assess their turnover, income level, knowledge gaps, expertise and ambition for growth.
- Developing a training curriculum with enhanced skills providing producer groups with the skills needed to move to the next level.
- Developing a master trainer manual and digital content to underpin the curriculum and
provide specific technical knowledge to small holder farmers in an accessible costeffective way.
- Conducting a training of trainers.
Giving Hope, Dignity and Choice