Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) registered in Kenya with a mandate to operate within the Eastern Africa region and a member of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our vision is to empower the society with sustainable enterprises and jobs. HiH EA currently operates 23 branches in Kenya and Tanzania.
HiH EA seeks to fill the below vacancy and invites applications from suitably qualified individuals who will undergo a selection process to identify the suitable candidates for the below stated position.
- Supervise, train and appraise other account assistants in the Branch
- Ensure that petty cash disbursements, accounting, re-imbursement and update of all relevant expenses are done in time.
- Manage stationery stocks in the branches with monthly stock takes and variance analysis and action thereof.
- Ensure that all assets have bar codes, quarterly verification and submit to Head Office a signed copy of list of assets relating to the branch
- Monitor branch performance and the trial balance, making sure that reports are accurate and sharing the system reports with the branch staff and head office.
- Maintain the role as a known agent with bank in handling bank correspondences and relationship management.
- Ensure timely reconciliations in relation to bank, debtors, creditors and revenue transactions
- In charge of safe custody of auditable documents filed at the branch level and other organizational properties.
- Take charge of cash management and play an advisory role to the management on financial issues at the branch level
- Ensure stringent adherence to Internal Control Systems and procedures as per organization policies.
- Execute the role of approver in MIS and the contact person on issues relating to MIS system accuracy, efficiency and availability
- Evaluate Customers due diligence on credit applications as a member of credit committee at the branch level
- Liaise with the Branch Manager and Project Accountant to maintain proper relationships with suppliers, manage courier and postage, and procurements done at the branch level
- Work hand in hand with the Branch Manager to prepare accurate annual budgets
- Ensure posting of accurate cost allocation to various projects being implemented at the branch.
- CPA (K) qualification
- Prior experience working with an NGO at a similar level of for not less than 3 years.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft suite packages
- Demonstrated good and consistent performance coupled with positive attitude
- A self-starter and team player who works with minimal supervision
- Integrity and demonstrated commitment to HiH EA’s mission and values
Qualified and interested candidates should make their application through the BrighterMonday link and include a cover letter and CV to HiH-EA on or before close of business by 7th December 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.