Job description and specifications
The position is responsible for implementation of program activities specifically under the accelerator cohort within the assigned target areas and communities in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create general awareness of HiH EA operations activities in assigned areas of operation through promotion and outreach.
- Select, identify and recruit potential groups/members in accordance with the established operations policy.
- Mobilize, form and attend group meetings and ensure groups are cohesive and sustainable in line with HiH EA requirements.
- Screening and selection of high potential businesses in line with the laid down minimum selection criteria
- Work closely with clients to develop and articulate growth plans that demonstrates impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
- Provide practical advice, and technical assistance across the areas of finance, sales & marketing, operations, and staffing to help clients harness opportunities, structure their businesses more effectively, and catalyse growth.
- Advise and assist clients in product development, sales and marketing strategy, and customer acquisition.
- Foster market linkages by connecting clients to market opportunities.
- Foster and facilitate financial linkages between target clients and financial services providers
- Ensure collection of member personal information and fully filled registration form (bio data tool).
- Process and disburse loans and ensure continuous follow-up for timely loan repayment/recovery.
- In consultation with the Project supervisor, collaborate with government agencies and local NGO’s for the benefit of both the clients and the programme.
- Represent HiH EA in the designated area, including representation in local development committees; and participate in relevant forums whenever nominated such as government, community and other stakeholder forums.
- Participate and assist in monitoring and evaluation including supporting field activities, provision of data and information, adoption of findings and recommendations, documentation of case studies, experiences and lessons and adoption best practices.
- Create and nurture effective working relationship with stakeholders; beneficiaries, local community, partners, service providers, collaborators, relevant government agencies etc.
- Maintain quality standards and ensure compliance with policy and procedures in implementation of activities in the assigned area.
- Ensure proper documentation and maintain adequate records for all activities through maintenance of proper and effective filling system.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in any of the following areas: Community Development, Social Sciences, Agri-business Cooperative, Micro Finance, Marketing, Business Management, Administration, Commerce or related field.
- At least one years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of peri-urban development and financing.
- Passion and ability to work with marginalized rural and peri-urban communities.
- Positive attitude and high level of integrity and good team player.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting, financial reporting and budget preparation.
- Good interpersonal, public relations and community mobilization skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships and profitable networks, and work with people of diverse backgrounds at the local community level.
- Computer literate – good knowledge in MS Office applications an added advantage.
- Self-driven, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and follow instructions.
- Good communication skills and working knowledge of English, Kiswahili.
- Licence and experience to ride a motor bike is an added advantage.
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to HiH-EA via Brighter Monday on or before close of business by 26th June, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted