The CUP is a two-year specialized program, directed at empowering and mobilizing village members to drive economic development in their respective villages. By implementing the four steps above, village members learn to build and sustain market-based, economic activities, enabling higher incomes and sustainable livelihoods. They become change agents in their villages by ensuring greater food security, better education for children, increased access to medicines and healthcare and improved housing. The objectives are thus to:
- Engage with local stakeholders to highlight the importance of enterprise and job creation for social and economic development.
- Mobilize village members into SHGs to nurture village-level collaboration and synergies.
- Train village members in business and financial management to access credit and create sustainable jobs and enterprises.
- Empower village members to drive social and economic development in their villages.
- Sustain enterprises and jobs by improving market access and value of products/services.